Consumer Protection: Resources
- Guidelines for Consumer Protection in the Context of Electronic Commerce, Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), 1999
- Best Practice Examples Under the OECD Guidelines on Consumer Protection in the Context of e-commerce, OECD, May 2002
- 2001 Annual Reports on Consumer Policy in OECD Countries, OECD, Sept. 2002
- Report on Consumer Protections for Payment Cardholders, OECD, June 2002
- Legal Provisions Related to Business-to-Consumer Alternative Dispute Resolution in Relation to Privacy and Consumer Protection, OECD, July 2000
- Building Trust in the Online Environment: Report of Conference on Business-to-Consumer Dispute Resolution, OECD, April 2000
- Guidelines for Consumer Protection (as expanded in 1999), United Nations, 1999
- Consumer Policy Strategy 2002-2006, European Commission, June 2002
- Should I buy? Shopping Online 2001: An International Comparative Study of Electronic Commerce, Consumers International, Sept. 2001
- Disputes in Cyberspace 2001. Update of Online Dispute Resolution for Consumers in Cross-BorderDisputes, Consumers International, Nov. 2001
- Consumer Law Sourcebook 2000: Electronic Commerce and the Global Economy, EPIC Publications 2000
Sites and Newsletters
- BNA Internet Law News. Free daily e-mail summary of developments in Internet law around the world.
- Econsumer.gov, a joint project of consumer protection agencies from 17 nations.
- EU Health and Consumer Protection Directorate. Information from the EU Directorate charged with food safety, public health and consumer protection issues. Free archives and subscription to newsletter.
- EurActiv. Information on EU developments in key policy areas such as trade, environment, enlargement, sustainable development, transparency, media and e-commerce. Free archives and email updates.
- OECD, Consumer Policy Committee Latest developments from the OECD on cross-border consumer transaction issues.
- Project on Out-of-Court Dispute Settlements in Transborder E-commerce, Joint Research Centre, European Community
- UNESCO Observatory on the Information Society. Information on the legal, social, and ethical issues of information technologies. Free archives and subscription to newsletter.