- The American Civil Liberties Union website features privacy articles, news updates, privacy resources, privacy legislation under the 107th Congress.
- Anonymity and Privacy on the Internet, site provides information on how to be anonymous, and how to secure your communications and files from third parties, as well as several other important security aspects that may arise when on the Internet.
- The Center for Media Education "Parents' Guide to Online Privacy" includes information about COPPA and tips for guiding children online.
- The Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility, Privacy and Civil Liberties Site, contains links to other privacy sites, CPSR's privacy archives and reports as well as information about CPSR's campaigns on privacy.
- The Dutch Privacy Page, has links to international treaties concerning privacy, Dutch (privacy) law, various national Privacy Commissioners and links to other privacy sites on the Web.
- Echelon Watch, run by the American Civil Liberties Union, is dedicated to providing information on Echelon, the controversial communications surveillance system run by the United States in concert with Canada and several European countries. Gives good general information on Echelon, as well as providing updates on government measures dealing with Echelon around the world.
- The Electronic Frontiers Australia, "Campaign for Fair Privacy Laws",site contains information about and links to privacy laws, privacy campaign documents and general privacy reference materials.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation, "Privacy, Security, Crypto, & Surveillance", is An extensive Privacy, Security, Cryptography and Surveillance archive.
- EPIC's Privacy Archive contains an A to Z list of topics relating to privacy, general privacy information, and hot topics as well as new resources relating to privacy.
- EPIC's Online Guide to Privacy Resources, contains links to printed publications, US and international privacy sites, and electronic mailing lists and newsgroups. It also contains information about upcoming privacy related conference and events.
- EPIC's Bookstore, sells all of EPIC's past and present publications on issues such as privacy, cryptography, free speech and consumer protection and has links to a wide range of other books recommended by EPIC.
- The Foundation for Information Policy Research, is an independent body that studies the interaction between information technology and society. The site contains news releases relating to privacy issues, information about conferences and presentations, research links, and a policy archive.
- The Law of Information Privacy site contains a description of the Law of Information Privacy course taught at Georgetown University. It contains links to recent privacy cases, privacy articles, and a bibliography of books on privacy and related topics.
- Politics of Information contains a Privacy Archive of over 230 unique links and serves as a valuable resource for privacy related research.
- The Privacy Exchange, is an online global resource for consumer privacy and data protection. It contains a library of privacy laws, practices, publications, websites and other resources concerning consumer privacy and data protection developments worldwide.
- Privacy International Country Reports, provide the latest news on privacy issues. The site contains a list of country reports concerning privacy laws and online reports. It also provides information about past conferences and activities.
- The Privacy Journal, is a monthly newsletter reporting on new technology and its impact on personal privacy. The site gives tips on how to protect privacy and provides an outline of Model Privacy Policies.
- The Privacy Page, Privacy.org, provides the latest news on privacy related issues. It contains links to other privacy sites. It also provides access to previous articles concerning privacy.
- Privacy.it,is a project of Polytecna, an independent group of Italian technology professionals. www.privacy.it operates as a clearinghouse site on global internet privacy and security law. Its links section gives a rundown of most of the national legislation on privacy, as well as links to the homepages of various national data protection authorities. The site is in Italian.
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse Fact Sheets The site contains fact sheets about workplace privacy, overcoming the emotional impact of identity theft, privacy in Cyberspace, online shopping tips, protecting financial privacy, and much more. In spanish
- Statewatch monitors the state and civil liberties in the European Union. The site provides links to Statewatch online news and publications, information about openness and secrecy in the EU, information about the EU-FBI telecommunications surveillance plan, and a link to the Statewatch search database.
- Stop Carnivore, is a site urging action against the FBI's Carnivore program. Contains useful information on how Carnivore functions, what it can accomplish, and on privacy tools in general.
and the World Summit on Information Society, a report written by the
International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH), Rights and Democracy, and
the World Organization
against Torture (OMCT) in preparation for the World Summit on Information
Society to be held in Tunisia in November 2005. The report is also
available in French.
- Ulpiano.com, is a searchable Spanish-language database on cyberlaw issues. Especially useful for researching cyberlaw in South America, but the listings are global. Strong attention paid to privacy issues.
- The Virtual Law Firm, a project of the University of Stockholm, aims to be a clearinghouse site on global cyberlaw issues. Makes available papers and law review articles on national data protection legislation, as well as other privacy initiatives. This site is in English. a project of the University of Stockholm, aims to be a clearinghouse site on global cyberlaw issues. Makes available papers and law review articles on national data protection legislation, as well as other privacy initiatives. This site is in English.
- World Wide Web Consortium, Platform for Privacy Preference contains information about P3P, current working drafts and notes relating to P3P, as well as papers, presentations, critiques, and media coverage concerning P3P.