- Free Expression Network (FEN), alliance of US organizations dedicated to protecting the constitutional right to free expression.
- Global Internet Liberty Campaign (GILC), an international coalition of organizations working to protect and
enhance online civil liberties and human rights. Free archives and subscription to montly newsletter.
- Internet Free Expression Alliance (IFEA), coalition of US groups dedicated to the protection of free expression online.
- International Federation of Journalists, organization of journalists representing more than 500,000 journalists in more than 100 countries
- International Freedom of Expression eXchange (IFEX) – coalition of free expression groups from around the world. Free archives and subscription to weekly webzine.
- Index on Censorship, online discussion, news and quarterly printed magazine on free speech and censorship issues. (UK)
- Peacefire, a “people for young people’s freedom of speech” organization. (US)
- Reporters sans frontières (RSF), an international organisation and network of correspondents fighting to reduce the use of censorship and to oppose laws designed to restrict press freedom.